Monday, April 11, 2016

Blog Challenge #4 - The Meaning Behind My Blog Name

Do you love the meaning of things as much as I do?
Well, my twitter handle is @overfourtytwo. Yes, I have reached the "over the hill" status. I had another blog going a while back but I lost direction quickly and my life was a bit too full, rather I didn't realize my need for writing at that point. I realize it now and not just for the silly number of words that I as a woman need to express on a daily basis. More so, because I am finally acknowledging the creative parts of myself in my gardening, my work as a hairdresser and in writing.

I felt the nudge for this writing project a while back, but it took me some time to get it up and running and to design the main image. The title came to me in prayer one day, because as I work my twelve step program for having been affected by someone else's drinking, I often look back at my progress with a large amount of gratitude. The same has been true since I turned the big 4-0. Around the time of turning fourty, I realized many monumental things for me, here are just a few:

I no longer felt the pain of NEEDING to be a one digit size in my clothing

The journey isn't so much about striving to be what I see in others, but rather to find out who I am

Embracing my introvert-ness is very freeing - gone are the days of feeling like a social failure

Doing something that I don't love for a short while will not kill me, it may even help me grow

It's ok to grieve the dreams of what I thought I'd have & want but don't

The God of my understanding may not be the God who is, was and ever shall be

It's great to look in the past to learn and to acknowledge the growth, but it is becoming exciting for me to look beyond the hilltop to what may lie ahead.
Peace be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment